Apple and carrot soup –
The average time for any gadget to reach its resting place in the dark recesses of our garage is 4 weeks. So it has been only 2 weeks that the soup maker has entered the house, too early to pack it away .
Hence today was apple and carrot soup day. This soup is slightly tangy so the option of adding cream at the end is always there if you don’t like tangy flavours in your soup. I love it though, lip-smacking yum yum !
Winter days calls for this hot soup drizzled with chilli oil and of course warm bread!
2 apples, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp Cumin, chicken stock, 1/2 tsp garam masala or curry powder.
– Sauté cumin seeds and onions in 2 tbsp oil till translucent.
– Add chopped apples and carrots.
– Add vegetable or chicken stock.
– Season with sugar and salt.
– Cover and cook till done. If not in a soup maker, blend it smooth once it is cool enough to handle.
– Serve with a drizzle of fresh cream and chilli oil.