Aditi Gupte’s Butter Chicken recipe:
PS: tastes exactly as the restaurant dish!
Boneless chicken 1kg
Tandoori masala powder 3tbsp
Yoghurt 5 tbsp
Onions 3, very finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste 3tsp
2 cans chopped tomatoes ( prefer Napolitana tomatoes)
Kaju paste 2tbsp
Kasuri methi 4tbsp roasted and crushed
Kashmiri chilli powder 2tsp
Sugar and salt to taste
1. Wash and marinade the chicken pieces in yoghurt, tandoori masala, red chilli pd, lemon juice and salt. Keep aside for few hours. Bake in the oven at 180* till done.
2. Heat oil in a wok , add onions and ginger garlic paste. Heat till the onions turn transparent.
3. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and keep stirring over low flame till the mixture thickens and becomes doughy in consistency. This is the main part of the recipe ( the make or break point)!!
It takes time but is worth the effort. This is what gives the restaurant taste.
3. Add kaju paste and water to attain the desired consistency. Sugar and salt to taste.
4. Add some butter ( after all it’s butter chicken 😇) and a dash of cream.
5. Add the baked chicken pieces. Add roasted and crushed kasuri methi at the end.
6. Viola, and it’s ready to serve.